And then there are songs that take you away to another place.
The first time I heard M83, and their song 'Midnight city', I literally almost drove off the road.
It was playing on our very own station, Kick FM. When I turned to 92.9 and that song came on, I had such a strong feeling of nostalgia that it was almost painful. My chest hurt and I found it hard to breathe. Music is such an incredible thing.
My first thought was of Europe. This song brings me back to when I visited Germany as an exchange student. I just have to close my eyes and I'm back in my first underage club in Trier. The feeling was so intense it stayed with me long after the song was over.
Recently I heard another song that gave me the same feeling of nostalgia.
Memories of my trips to Europe came flooding back. I'm not sure what it is about these two songs, but they just carry me across the ocean and evoke such strong feelings of melancholy and sentimentality.
The other song is called 'Amor Fati' by Washed Out. Funny enough, it was playing on Kick FM the first time I heard it as well.
Enjoy.
No comments:
Post a Comment