Tuesday, 26 February 2013

Thank you Canada

When I first learned from my mom that "the guy with the blades in the Olympics", killed his girlfriend, my jaw dropped to the floor. It seemed so unthinkable, so bizarre. If he did kill her stemming from a domestic dispute, it makes me sick to my stomach. But even if he didn't "mean to kill her", and like he said, he thought she was an intruder, this still makes me sick to my stomach.



I know the NRA says guns don't kill people, people do....but apparently guns have been killing an awful lot of people lately. Mostly innocent ones. Reeva Steencamp's life was taken in the blink of an eye, or the flash of a muzzle.

This story makes me so incredibly sad. And there are thousands more, where the use of a gun took an innocent person's life. I knew I guy when I worked in Cayman who's brother was accidentally shot and killed when someone was cleaning a gun. Gun accidentally fired...boom. In an instant, another innocent life taken.

I have to say, stories like this make me so thankful that I don't live in a gun crazy society. And that I live in a country where I don't need a gun to help me feel safe. Thank you Canada. Thank you. I hope you never change.

No comments:

Post a Comment