Saturday, 14 January 2012

Gem from Canada's musical vault

As a Canadian, I feel like it's our duty to educate future generations on the history of some our great culture, that may otherwise be forgotten.
Last night one of Canada's top bands in the 80's performed at a Winnipeg casino. A far cry from their glory days, but to see they're still together and performing thirty years later is quite remarkable. I didn't go to said concert, but I'm sure the sold out crowd had fun singing tunes they haven't heard in decades.
The name of this long forgotten Canadian jewel? Platinum Blonde.
While America had Duran Duran, we had these glam new wave rockers to compete. They started off as a tribute band playing songs of The Police, but once they put out a couple of their own songs, they took off and became a huge Canadian success.
And without further ado...here is Platinum Blonde...

2 comments:

  1. the show was pretty sweet. rumour has it they're releasing a new album...

    ReplyDelete