Saturday, 21 January 2012

Ode to George Michael

I've decided to continue on with the theme of finding old, good bands, or musicians that time has forgotten. They may be full of cheese in the year 2012, but back in the day they were driving forces. Some are still relevant today, others...not so much. But we (or I), still love them.

Last week I wrote on the wonderful canadian band that is Platinum Blonde. This week I'm going over the pond to Britain, to find George Michael. I miss him. I miss his voice. I think he's one of the best male vocalists out there. Hands down. His voice carries so much emotion and passion. Smooth like silk. Butter-esque. I just shake my head at the gift given to him.

He is a true singer, songwriter and performer.

There are so many songs to choose from that I've found it really difficult to pick a video. I found this one of him in the studio explaining how he came up with the song 'waiting for that day'. It's an intimate portrait of him.





The next song is 'Something to Save'. I couldn't find a proper video that shows him singing the song but maybe it's better this way. You just focus on his voice.



No comments:

Post a Comment