Sunday, 13 January 2013

Livestrong - v = Liestrong


Here we are. A fresh new year. A new slate. And my first blogpost of 2013.

I really didn't want to start off 2013 talking about Lance Armstrong. But on Thursday, Armstrong will sit with 'Mother' Oprah and supposedly confess to doping.

I'm all for confessing mistakes and admitting wrongdoing. But for some reason I can't get behind this. I don't care how sincere and vulnerabe and humble he may sound. This confession is all about Lance. Clearing HIS conscience, restoring HIS image and possibly paving the way for him to somehow be allowed back into competitive biking.

He fought the cheating allegations for years and years!! He cursed and vilified people who went against him. He made commercials that denied his cheating. Over and over and over again, he vehemently denied doing anything wrong, lashing out at anyone who said otherwise. And now we might find out he was lying for over a decade?!?! It seriously blows my mind.

I don't want to admit it, but I'm curious to see what he has to say. I'll read up afterwards on the interview, as I'm sure it will be splashed all over the news. But even if Oprah makes him cry, and he spills his heart out to her...I will still think he's a douche.

No comments:

Post a Comment