A little recap on the news this week.
So....Felix Baumgartner, the man who fell 23 miles to the earth from space did NOT I repeat, did not blow up and his blood didn't boil. Aw...too bad. Just kidding. He arrived safe and sound and all in one piece on the ground with 7 million people watching this epic feat on the internet. What a day for advertising/PR dollars for Red Bull, internet numbers (most watched live event), and overal craziness. What's next. Parachuting from the moon? In case you missed it.
Lance Armstrong is a cheat. It is official (according to the world, not yet the man himself.) Damning evidence this week has made everyone step back and realize they have been duped for years. Sponsors are dropping him like flies. Nike, while supporting him a couple of weeks ago, released a statement:
"Due to the seemingly insurmountable evidence that Lance Armstrong participated in doping and misled Nike for more than a decade, it is with great sadness that we have terminated our contract with him. Nike does not condone the use of illegal performance enhancing drugs in any manner. Nike plans to continue support of the Livestrong initiatives created to unite, inspire and empower people affected by cancer."
I'm sad too. I feel like I've been duped as well. I believed that he didn't cheat. I really did! Call me naive, or gullible or soft...but I thought Lance Armstrong was clean. This will go down as one of the greatest falls from grace in the 20th/21st centuries.
Boo.

When we admire someone we just don't want to believe the bad stuff... and it makes it that much more awful when we finally are faced with accepting it.
ReplyDelete