Tuesday, 11 October 2011

Autumn's here

I am a summer girl.  I was made for bright sunshine and warmth. Heat makes me happy.  So I moved to the Caribbean where I could feel the hug of a warm salty breeze year round.  But after a couple of years, I realized there was something missing.

Leaves never changed colours. There was never the smell of pumpkin pie, or butternut squash soup. If you went for a walk, there was no bundling up in your favorite scarf and hearing leaves crunch underfoot.  The smell of woodstoves and fire was never in the air. You never heard the wind sounding melancholic or mournful, yet somehow tranquil at the same time.

Autumn. Such a magical time of year.




I'll leave you with an Autumn song that I had never heard before until a couple of weeks ago. My friend was playing Hawksley Workman over dinner and Hawksley's song "Autumn's here" came on.  Simple yet sweet.

5 comments:

  1. Love this song!

    I took the dog to the dog park last week and it was GORGEOUS!

    Did you take that pic yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of the nicest Fall seasons that I can remember - and I've seen a few at my age!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Besides, our summer's have been terrible lately! Hooray for Autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No Amy, sadly I didn't take the picture myself! Good ol' internet :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Autumn has always been my favourite season. Although, the Caribbean does sound nice. :)

    ReplyDelete