Tuesday, 25 October 2011

Tweet Tweet


When I started out blogging, I wrote my second blogpost on Twitter. I had just joined, and was unsure about the whole thing. Twitter to me seemed like a lot of time wasted. Sure, there would be some interesting stuff, but mostly it would be a lot of unnecessary tweets and articles I didn't care about.



















But now, it's safe to say that I really enjoy twitter. Sure, there are those days, where you scroll through a bunch of news articles, pictures, retweets and links you don't care about. But overall, it's an incredible fast superhighway of information. The speed at which you can read up to date articles on news around the world is fantastic.

It's a great way to stay current and (sorry for the cliche)...'in the know.' I love being able to read headline news, entertainment fluff, and updates from friends all in the same space.

Teacher will be late for class? One tweet will let the students know.
Fire on main street that will affect traffic? You'll know.
Riots in Greece over unemployment? You'll know that too.

Has Twitter shortened my attention span? That's totally up for debate.
But one thing I do know, is that Twitter is now my friend.
Blogging on the other hand?...We'll have to wait and see...






 

No comments:

Post a Comment