The three comforting things beginning with PJ? Well, pajamas of course. That's an easy one. The next, is peanut butter and jam sandwiches. Those always bring me back to my lunches as a kid, sticky fingers and all. And then there's Pearl Jam. One of those bands that has managed to keep their musical stylings the same, so they always sound like an old friend, while still staying current. Hard to believe they are turning 20 this year!
I went to my first Pearl Jam concert on Saturday. I was so excited to hear Eddie Vedder's voice live! He puts so much passion and feeling into his singing. I also love the growly texture. Eddie didn't disappoint. Through a two and a half hour set, he belted his heart out, while staying in tune. Is staying in tune important? Absolutely! Nothing bugs me more then Artists who sound great on a CD but are total crap when it comes to performing live.
There were lots of songs I loved, and some others that I didn't really know. Song that I cried in? "Elderly woman behind the counter in a small town". Just me and 10,000 people all singing to the same tune, like we're around a campfire in someones backyard. Pearl Jam, old friend....thankyou for a wonderful night. Hope to see you again soon.
I saw Pearl Jam play Sunfest - and I thought they were crap. Ha, ha! Well, I guess they proved me wrong.
ReplyDelete