Monday, 12 September 2011

Twitter dee Twitter dum

Twitter.  Is it useful, or just a highway of meaningless information that we have to cipher through?  I've been asking myself that question since it first appeared.  I had no desire to go on it, but now being in Creative Communications, it seems to be pretty important.  Joining one week ago, it's too early to say what side of the Twitter fence I'm on, but I'm keeping an open mind. 
I think it's pretty cool that you can follow anyone.  Without having to be "accepted", you can read what politicians, businessmen, celebrities, companies, friends and even Joe Shmoe are saying.  The instant information you have at your fingertips is mindblowing.  On the other hand, if you start following a ton of people, I could see how alot of time would be spent just reading through all the tweets.  Time well spent?  Or time....well,...spent?  We'll see where the twitter train takes me....

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Typo! Try again: The value of Twitter lies in the people you follow. If you follow people who tweet valuable things, you'll find it valuable. If you don't, you won't!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The greatest tool of all time! Make sure to add your twitter feed to your blog for more followers :) also super fun when you get free stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you find someone interesting to follow on Twitter, check out the people they follow.
    Chances are that those people will be interesting, too.

    ReplyDelete