My first post. Ever. I have to admit, it's a little daunting but very exciting at the same time. I cannot believe how much technology has changed since I graduated from University a "little" while ago. I never thought I'd be the person to bring out the ole "Back in my day, when I went to school...we had to walk uphill both ways, through the snow." But funny enough I find myself here.
Being a little old fashioned and sentimental, it's been a struggle for me accepting all of the new stuff that literally comes out daily now. I still love reading real Newspapers, front to back, every single page whether it's good or bad, until my hands are black from the ink. I love reading real books where you can smell the pages and binding. I have been refusing to get a smartphone on the principle of...well...of just being stubborn I guess. I think now might be the time to reassure my fellow students that although it sounds like it, you do not have an 80 year old classmate.
That's why I decided to do the exact opposite of what my mind was telling me and enrolled in Communications. My comfort zone has been completely obliterated. This is going to be hair pulling, challenging stuff, but that's also the thrill and excitement of it. So bear with me on this bumpy ride!
If you throw out your comfort zone, that's when learning really happens - which is why I will fly on an airplane, despite being convinced that it will crash. Ha!
ReplyDelete